Tired looking exterior walls of homes and buildings are in true sense a new lease of life. Painting our exterior walls can significantly change the appearance, value, and quality. Different paint types and colours have different looks for our homes like a bright coat will give a fresh and inviting appearance, while a good paint job will give a damage proof look.
Picking the right colour for our exterior walls is more important than front doors and glass window style. It is a crucial step for home builders, as the wrong choice will lead to all efforts go in vain or even the combination of all will be the best part for our homes and buildings.
Whether you are refreshing an existing paint job or switching to new colours, making the right choice regarding the exterior walls paint is a much-needed step. Still, confused between colours? Don’t worry, we are here to share some insights to make you more familiar with the types of paint that can be used or how different colour type impacts overall appearance.
Types of exterior paint –
1. Masonry Paint
Paint type is best for protecting exterior walls from weather damage. Going for bold and daring colours or neutral colours is the right choice under this type. The acrylic form is waterproofed and also allows the moisture to evaporate that is already present in the exterior walls.
2. Textured Paint
Masking the imperfections generally involves its use, when faults like holes, dents, lumps, bumps, and odd little quirks arise on the exterior walls. This type also shows the hardworking finish on your home walls. It is not easy to apply.
3. Smooth Paint
It will support only if the base is not rough, as it is used to beautify small areas but it is not effective on a larger patch. It is easy to apply in comparison to other types. To hide faults it is used, but those must be small faults.
4. Primer and Sealer
It is not a type of paint but very essential for walls – especially for exterior walls. Sealer and primer are applied when the final layer of paint is to be nicely applied. There is also a masonry sealer for a better look.
Colours to paint your exterior walls
The best colour combination for exterior helps the house to get the best personality in its neighborhood. One should think heavily before finalizing the paint for exterior walls. Paint must also go with the family’s tradition, if possible. We here present some colour types.
1. Yellow – Playful and Joyous
Yellow is a colour that makes everyone smile. This colour suddenly changes one’s mood to playful and joyous. People who want to make their house shine can go for this colour. It will not suit the interior walls but is perfect for exterior walls.
2. Black – Midnight and Bold
Black is the most sophisticated colour if applied right. People who dress well and formally prefer black over other colours, as it is classiest of all. Adding white doors or shutters will just add a timeless look.
3. Navy Blue – Neutral
Houses that are different in the structure are best suited for this colour type. Navy blue is a bit more punch than grey, which saves the house from being dull.
4. White – Formal and Creamy
White is an all-time favorite of most of the house builders and lovers. Suited for houses that have lawn or greenery in front of them. Bright sunlight further enhances its look.
5. Red – Catchy and Vibrant
Red-coloured houses surely catch the sight of neighbors and passersby as they boldly appeal that no other house colour will do. People who are more outspoken can go for this colour. Red bricks instead of paint will give a traditional look.
6. Sky Blue – Silky and Relaxing
It’s cheerful and relaxing for the sight, as everyone loves blue. People who like to remain calm and want relaxation can opt for this colour. Emotions are balanced if the right mix is applied on the exterior walls.
7. Brown – Textured, Wood, and Chocolaty
Brown colour gives a wooden look to the exterior walls plus it is less harsh on the eyes. Colour gives a welcoming and soft vibe to its user. Nature lovers can choose this colour as it gives a natural look to the house.
8. Grey – Mysterious and Hazy
The coating of grey colour helps in maintaining neutrality when used on exterior walls. Colour gives a dull look that excites the viewer. A combination with other colours helps it mix well with the theme.
9. Beach – Sandy
Beach lovers or travel lovers go for this colour, as it gives a laid-back and relaxed vibe. Not everyone prefers this colour but those who have houses near the beach apply this colour to match the sandy look.
10. Green – Natural and Warm
Green is for nature lovers and mixes with winter and forest look. It is refreshing and non-rustic. People usually don’t go for the green until the surroundings support that colour. Green coating with stonework is a good combination for exterior walls look.
So, there is no such best paint for the exterior wall look, as it all depends on the factors that surround while opting for outer wall colour and plus that colours attributes. The right decision regarding colour is the most crucial step where we can help you with this. Home Glazer serves this service well. So what are you waiting for? Hire us!
- 10 Best Colours To Paint Your Exterior WallsTired looking exterior walls of homes and buildings are in true sense a new lease of life. Painting our exterior walls can significantly change the appearance, …
- Some Best Colour for Front DoorColours are the most noticeable part of anything we see. They boost the beauty of everything they touch. So, why leave our homes behind. And perhaps …
- How Graffiti Painting Can Be Useful For Your Office?Life is full of colors, we are humans, we love playing with colors. Graffiti is part of that artistic journey. If we are in foreign countries, …
- BEST COLOUR COMBINATION FOR THE NEWLY MARRIED COUPLEThe choices of colours for a new married couple bedroom, impart a soothing effect in their room if chosen right. It is better to let colours …
- Vibrant Colour Combination For Your Kids RoomKids are very picky. They have a lot of tantrums in everything either it be food, clothes, or even the colour combination of the walls of …
- Best colour scheme for kitchenWe are living in a society where new trends get outdated as soon as they arrive. Sometimes trends change so quickly that it becomes really hard …