What is Duco Paint?
Duco paint basically works as a finishing element over the wooden furniture during the making and coating process. To hide wood grains, the Duco paint is applied by trained painters and wood polishers and the proper use of Duco paint has the ability to provide a decent and luxurious look to your ordinary furniture. Duco paint ideally fit for metallic surfaces and thus extensively used to paint automobiles. Let’s know what is PU paint.
What is PU Paint?
PU paint is to give a final finish and a fine texture to the wooden surface. These coatings applied by professional wood polishers protect the wood from scratches, dust, moisture, and deflections in shape. Wood furniture enhances the décor of a home and if it can do so much to your home, then before installing it, proper finishing must be done.
Difference between Duco Paint and PU Paint:
#1 Component of paints
Duco paint is available in the market where the element is Nitro Cellulose (NC). While applying our trained painters mix the paint with thinner which gives its the best result. The paint is applied on the surface with spray guns.
PU paint comes as either a mono-component or bi-component product. Home Glazer’s expert painters make use of the two components resin and catalyst. The PU paint is either water-base or solvent-base (thinner base).
#2 Where to use paint
Duco paint offers a huge area for its application involving wooden furniture, automobile body, plywood, medium-density fibreboard, sheet metal, heavy equipment, and architectural and industrial metal structures.
PU paint is the perfect coating for interior and exterior wooden surfaces use. Solvent-base PU polish is highly recommendable for exteriors. PU gloss goes well with wood, metals, plastic, and glass furniture, and ideal for industrial applications.
#3 Benefits we get using paints
Duco paint brings many benefits with it’s application as it is applied by our skilled spray painters
- Duco paints are good on all types of wooden furniture.
- It goes perfectly with automobile bodies giving a brighter look.
- The paint has got good drying speed.
- The market is full of colour choices when the user decides to go for Duco paint.
- It aids us to give a matte and glossy finish.
- Duco paints bring luxurious texture to the item.
- The Duco paint blends to give a cohesively solid finish.
- Duco paints bring a luxurious texture to the item. If you ask us as having more than three decades of experience in wood coating, we strongly recommend a sophisticated look.
PU coating is best in class which provides excellent flexibility which can be explained as:
- PU polish delivers a strong coat.
- The reason to love PU coat is that it gives a superior and durable shine that protects the wooden surfaces from scratches and stains.
- Multiple finishes is achievable by expert painters from dead matt to a very high gloss, smooth finish, and high solid coatings.
- It brings high protection against UV rays and weathering.
- Talking about mechanical properties, the PU coat contains high resistance against heat, excellent hardness, in-depth clarity, and corrosion resistance.
- Versatile properties like good electrical insulating, low odor and environment-friendly characters also possessed by PU coatings. In common language, it doesn’t leave hot cup marks on the surface.
#4 Limitation of paints
Above all the benefits, there are few limitations with duco paints as stated:
- A combination of equipment needs to apply involving spray guns and compressors.
- It always requires skilled spray painters to apply for, to give a better finish. But don’t you worry at all, Home Glazer has got you covered.
- The stability of colour is sometimes at risk because exposure to sunlight might cause yellowish to the surface.
- During application, duco paint cannot sustain much in temperature variation.
- This is a question on environment-friendly criteria because thinner get used in this too.
There are few limitations of PU paints:
- PU paint gets darker over a period of time while with the passage of time.
- PU paint requires extra attention when implementing on the surface and needs a lot of men labor and hard work.
For best wood polishing services and the ultimate guide to home painting jobs, contact us for a reasonable quote for painting and wood coating services. We guarantee quality wood polishing work and will leave no chance for complaints!
- Difference between Duco Paint and PU PaintWhat is Duco Paint? Duco paint basically works as a finishing element over the wooden furniture during the …
- Difference Between Melamine Polish and PU PolishAny home is incomplete without good furniture. The design and finish of your wooden furniture is an essential …
- Difference between PU Polish & Polyester PolishWood furniture enhances the decor of a home and if it can do so much to your home, …
- Difference between water-based enamel paint and oil-based enamel paintWe all love the blossom of freshly painted walls, especially on a special occasion. The most enjoyable part …
- How to restore wooden furniture?A piece of wood furniture can be a work of art when it’s properly cared for but finishes …
- Know Everything About PU Paint and PU PolishPU stands for polyurethane, which is a hard, strong, and stretchable polymer used as paints and coatings as …