Turning one’s hand to painting walls of the house seems as easy as pie, doesn’t it? Painting walls are the most common DIY home improvement method which seems to be easier said than done. However, professional painters are aware of the hurdles and for that. There are proper techniques to use a paintbrush and embark on their work efficiently with the efficacy of their customer.
There are several types of paint brushes available in the market. For example, a Trim and Sash brush with the pencil handle can be held as one holds the pencil with the thumb and first two fingers of the hand. These brushes help you get a handle on for intricate areas to paint. The other kind of brush used in painting the walls is with Beaver-tail handles on a brush with wider breadth. One has to have a grip on the handle with their whole palm. This type of paintbrush is well-suited for big walls and flat surfaces.
A Bright-line Process to a Paintbrush Usage
When you have plans to change the look of your living space then painting can be proven more efficacious. But what if you are unaware of how to use a paintbrush? For a while, it seems that the streets are paved with gold rather than struggling with painting walls. No worries, the process shared here will help you to look on the bright side. The steps involved are:
Load the Paintbrush
The aim of loading a paintbrush is to get the paint as much as possible on the wall without dribbling it on the floor. You can start your work by dampening the bristles of the brush with appropriate thinner for the type of paint you are about to use. Now, remove the moisture by gently striking the metal part to the bucket of the sink. With the first dip, move the paintbrush around for a bit to let the bristles of the brush get properly opened and let the brush fill the paint.
- The fact which one should be acknowledged is that you should not scrape the paint by dragging the brush over the edges of the bucket. If done so the paint-filled in brush gets removed even it compresses bristles and makes the brush ineffective.
- The note which has to be considered here is that “one should never dip a brush more than about one-third the length of the bristles into the paint”.
Paint and Distribute Equally
Perhaps, one will use rollers to cover the larger and flat areas and a paintbrush for intricate areas such as corners at walls, ceilings, and around the baseboard, window trim. If you are about to roll the paint over the wall for the first time then you should know that one must begin to paint around woodwork and intricate areas before going to the roller. Look at the key point mentioned for obtaining finer results.
- If you are a right-handed person, start to paint the ceiling corners from left to right. If you are left-handed then paint from right to left. This will allow you to have a closer and finer look at how the paint is flowing.
- For painting, the corners of the wall Trim and Sash brushes are good to use. Hold the handle as one holds the pencil and press the brush against the wall to get the appropriate amount of flex on bristles. Now, use the narrow edge of the paintbrush to paint and equally distribute it around the edges.
- Now, painting the larger area can be as easy as falling off the log. You need to set the roller at 45° and paint the area using several diagonal strokes. Again press the brush to get an amount of flex on bristles and distribute the paint on a large flat area with horizontal strokes.
Smooth out the Paint
After distributing the paint equally around the large flat area, the next move is to smooth out the paint. Here are the bullet points to look for:
- Here, you polish the wall with the final touch. Draw the brush lightly and across the wall in long strokes to eliminate the brush strokes going in different directions. The main point to consider here is “never allow the paint to dry”. As you stroke with a loaded brush dipped right now, doing so will leave the wall with visible lap marks.
- At last, when you reach the end of the wall lift the paintbrush from the surface, allowing serving with finer end stroke.
How to Store a Paintbrush?
The smartest way to keep a paintbrush for a particular amount of time is to not clean it and tightly wrap the bristles with a plastic wrapper.
A paintbrush is a precious tool that can be proven everlasting for years. By the methods discussed above, you can adjust and distribute the paint equally over the corners of the wall and ceiling. Perhaps, this will eliminate the need for masking the painted area with tape to prevent the overlapping of the paint. For a better consideration to adjust the paint over the corners paint out from the corner for five to six times and smooth them with a single, long paint stroke.
In conclusion, the suggestions can be taken from the entire article or you can always contact the Home Glazer team. We will make sure that all the points are taken care of with no scope of grievance. We will make beautiful paintings and keep the brush safe for future usage. Also, our professional painting team has the expertise of using the paintbrush so you can sit back and relax. Contact team Home Glazer online, book us just by some clicks and get our team at your doorsteps.
- What is primer & Why primer is important?What is primer? A primer is basically a coat that is applied before paint to provide extra stability, ensures better adhesion of paint, the durability …
- Types of paint – What all are types of paints for interior and exterior walls?Wall paint is an essential utility for home decor purposes. It maintains your place and also give an aesthetic look. Painting your walls is an …
- Tips to use paint roller. Types and price paint rollerUsing a paint roller is a quick way to change the look of your room. With a paint roller, you can easily modify the exterior …
- Tips To Use a Paintbrush / Painting Brush | Painter’s adviceTurning one’s hand to painting walls of the house seems as easy as pie, doesn’t it? Painting walls are the most common DIY home improvement …
- Tips to Find Good Painting Contractor for House PaintingWe all have a wish list when it comes to decorating our rooms. We have so many plans and colour choices that it becomes pretty …
- Tips to figure out the quality of paint jobTips to Check the Paint Job Getting a paint job at your place is really tricky. Though it sounds easy when you hire a professional …