Kids are very picky. They have a lot of tantrums in everything either it be food, clothes, or even the colour combination of the walls of their room. As kids grow up, they keep switching from colour to colour claiming it to be their favourite. Hence it makes the job of painting their kids room very difficult for the parents. Colours carry a variety of emotions with them. The walls of your kids room should be painted keeping it in mind. The best way to choose colour for your kids room is to allow them to have input. It will give them a sense of ownership and maybe after that they will take proper care of their room. If you think the colour which they choose is really bold you can use it on the ascent of walls. Even after that, it is a very hard task and colour combination could prove helpful in this.
✓ Colour scheme for kids room
Colour carries a variety of emotions with them. With the right colours, you can set the right mood. Colours have the ability to energize kids or cool them down. That’s what it is of the utmost importance to choose the right colours when you are designing your kid’s room. The Colour scheme provides a better understanding of which colour to use. Colour schemes are the logical combination of different colours on the colour wheel to get the best possible colour combination. The main purpose of the colour scheme is to provide a colour combination that will give your interior and home an aesthetic feeling of style and appeal.
Let’s see what are the best colour schemes for your kids room.
What could be better than waking up in a room fully soaked with sunlight? Citron yellow colour is best if you want that for your kid. Pure yellow shade with a light shade of brown-gold paint creates a beauty. You can also use it with other warm colours.
The red colour is not among the very popular choices for every room of the house but it would be used in a kids room. It can be used in the accents of the walls to give the room a fire engine shade. White colour and wooden furniture complement it really well.
The blue colour is the most preferred choice of boys for their room but it is also gaining popularity among girls. Consider darker shades of blue like cobalt blue instead of pale blue colours to give a crisp and classical look to your kids room. Orange and Magenta colours compliment it really well. Using it has one more great advantage – if you use this colour the wall will not show sludgy fingerprints.
The green colour is a multitasker and it is liked by everyone irrespective of gender or age. Brighter green tones are better than dark green tones. Green shades really lighten up the mood and are really soothing.
In the past, the grey colour was not among the very popular choices for painting the walls of the house. But with the passage of time, it has found its place in the walls of almost every house. Grey colour has a cool hue and gives a vibrant look to your kids room.
The pink colour is always at the top of the list of favourite colours of girls. Painting your daughter’s room with pink colour is a great idea. Although light shades of pink appear very sweet and classic. But Fushia takes it into another level. Using it with black, white or grey colour makes the room super cool.
The purple colour gives a very unique look to your kids room. Lighter shades of purple colour look really cool and mesmerizing. Brighter shades of purple colours provide a bold and unique look to any room. In order to provide better contrast, you can white of silver-coloured accessories.
These are the best 7 colour schemes you can try while painting your kids room. The choice of the colour scheme clearly depends on your personal liking and what your child wants their room to look like.
- 10 Best Colour Combinations for Your Living RoomAn English designer named Terence Conran once quoted that the living room should be a place where we feel totally at ease- like a temple of the soul. The living room is the heart of a home where you spend most of the time with family and friends. You …
- 10 Best Colours To Paint Your Exterior WallsTired looking exterior walls of homes and buildings are in true sense a new lease of life. Painting our exterior walls can significantly change the appearance, value, and quality. Different paint types and colours have different looks for our homes like a bright coat will give a fresh and …
- 11 Best Colour Combination for the Newly Married CoupleThe choices of colours for a new married couple bedroom, impart a soothing effect in their room if chosen right. It is better to let colours whose effects will be great on your environment and soul. Love is expressed through colours and romance. Warm thoughts and light with grounding …
- 12 best colour scheme for kitchen | Kitchen colour ideasWe are living in a society where new trends get outdated as soon as they arrive. Sometimes trends change so quickly that it becomes really hard to keep up with the ongoing trend. This causes a major problem in painting your home or particularly your kitchen. What if you …
- 20 Best Colour for Front Door | Front door paint colourColours are the most noticeable part of anything we see. They boost the beauty of everything they touch. So, why leave our homes behind. And perhaps the first impression anyone gets about a house is from its entrance. Therefore it becomes really important to pick the right colour for …
- 5 benefits of Graffiti Painting for Your Office | Office DecorLife is full of colors, we are humans, we love playing with colors. Graffiti is part of that artistic journey. If we are in foreign countries, we can easily trace awesome pieces of art in the form of graffiti on walls or streets. It was considered an illegal practice …