Ever since the innovation of Emulsions, interior and exterior walls of a building surface are painted by plastic paint by a humongous mass because of its superior quality. Emulsions bring out the best finish when compared to earlier use of distempers and other such paint. Emulsion came in two types namely water-based paints and plastic paints. In this article, we will study in depth about plastic Paints.
What is a Plastic Paint?
An emulsion paint that contains a higher proportion of plastic is commonly known as plastic paint. It is based on acrylic which has a tendency to give a smooth matte finish to the walls.
As the quantity of plastic raises in the paint, we can see a higher amount of smoothness and silky finish after application. Besides, in a common example, when there is dirt on plastic; one can easily remove the strain from it by using running water. The end result generates a completely fresh look. In the same manner, plastic paints have this inherent quality of keeping themselves smooth and new for prolonged years as dirt can be easily removed with the help of common wet cotton cloth. Plastic paints are also known as washable paints. They are mild drew resistant and obtainable in numerous colours.
What are the classes of Plastic Paint?
- Matte Finish
- Satin Finish
- Semi-glossy Finish
- Glossy Finish
What are the qualities of Plastic Paint?
Easy to Clean
Plastic paints are easy to clean and give a rich and luxuriant finish to the walls. Common wet cotton cloth can be used to clean away the dirt and therefore the paint looks flawless for years.
Plastic paints are available everywhere. All the companies namely Berger Paints, Dulux, Asian Paints, Kansai Nerolac Paints, MRF, Shalimar Paints, Sirca Paints, and other local brands manufacture plastic paints in various ranges. Every man can choose according to their budget out of all the available ranges and get fresh paint in their home.
Plastic paints are principally made up of pure acrylic latex as well as high opacity micro-pigments. This makes the surface of the paint tough and therefore durable. Moreover, due to the excessive plastic in the paint, any water contact with the paint will not affect its texture.
What are the benefits of Plastic Paint?
- Plastic paints are less toxic and hence odourless
- They have always helped the paints to work with ease as they are easy to apply
- Even though a person will paint the supreme paint available in the market, still they will choose plastic paint which is ideal for toilets and ceilings.
- Plastic paint can be painted on wood, glass, concrete, and metal surfaces.
- The outcome of plastic paint is much smoother
- Bright plastic paint brightens up the darkroom where the sunlight is minimum
- Stains and dust are easy to clean using a wet cotton cloth
- Plastic paint does not crack even when it is fully exposed to the sun
What are the disadvantages of Plastic Paint?
- Expensive when compared with oil-based paint
- Plastic Paint dries slowly in a humid atmosphere
Why choose a Plastic Paint over Distempers?
A basic plastic paint that gives a much better finish than a distemper cost a bit higher to distempers. This is one big reason why people are shifting to Plastic Paints.
What are the types of Plastic Paint?
Plastic paints can be divided into three categories namely which are widely available in the market as under:
Tractor Emulsion: A tractor Emulsion Paint is generally preferred to colour interior walls. It provides a huge difference in terms of coverage when compared with distempers. Currently, tractor emulsion is available in more than 1200 shades.
Interior Promise: An interior promise is a plastic paint that has anti-chalking properties and hence prevents paint film from chalking. Interior Promise comes with special chroma-brite technology which helps to deliver bright colours and thus creating a positive environment at home.
Apcolite Premium Emulsion: Apcolite Premium Emulsion has broken records to stay apt for decades. It comes with persistent paint protection film and stain guard giving customers a stress-free sleep after application.
SuperCover: SuperCover is widely known for its tendency to provide a smooth matte surface. It cost reasonable and hence a common man who wishes to paint a matte finish on their walls can easily choose the SuperCover option.
Royal: As of date, Royal is the only paint emulsion in India that comes with a Teflon surface protector that makes it easily washable and highly durable. Royal is a non-toxic, lead-free, low VOC, and odourless paint which has the capacity to protect the walls from tough stains and harmful bacteria.
Velvet: Velvet category paint is the ultimate paint available in the market today which gives an array of special effects to interior walls. Though it is costlier than other paints in the market, it carries a value of its own. When applied to walls, Velvet shines so differently that anyone can make out how stunning the painted walls look like.
As there are so many options to choose which plastic paint suits your home, it becomes vital for you to take expert advice from Home Glazer. What if we say that we are providing free expert advice for your home? Yes, you read that right. We use our knowledge passed through generations in understanding the basic need to paint the wall. Once our expert team analyse your home, we will share a report which states which paint will be optimum for a particular wall. All you need to do is to call us on our below-mentioned phone number (+91-9717256514) and our well-experienced painting team will help you recreate beauty in your homes.
Why choose Home Glazer for your next painting services in Delhi?
- Quality Products
- Trained Professionals
- Value Pricing
- Timely Execution
- Absolutely beautiful finish
- Best after-sales service
- Difference between water-based enamel paint and oil-based enamel paintWe all love the blossom of freshly painted walls, especially on a special occasion. The most enjoyable part of getting a wall painting is the choice …
- Difference between Gloss Enamel Paint and Satin Enamel PaintAt Home Glazer, we have set our mission high to deliver the finest craftsmanship by providing the best painting service. Our mission is to consistently commit …
- Difference between Asian Paints Apex Paint and Apex UltimaOnce we understand that our exterior walls need paint, we get many options available on the internet regarding categories and types on exterior paints. The more …
- Difference between Asian Paint’s Ace Paint and Asian Paint’s Apex PaintHave you been planning to get your exterior walls painted? Are you looking up on the internet about the best exterior painters to paint your exterior …
- What is Plastic Paint, what are its type and price of plastic paintEver since the innovation of Emulsions, interior and exterior walls of a building surface are painted by plastic paint by a humongous mass because of its …
- Difference between Distemper paint and Tractor Emulsion PaintPainting homes will create a fresh look and transform bare walls to beautiful homes. It is important to find a professional painting contractor for excellent painting …