Wall paint is an essential utility for home decor purposes. It maintains your place and also gives an aesthetic look. Painting your walls is an important task and you should do it at regular intervals. Though different types of renovation demand different types of paint and strategies, and below we are presenting to you a few available types of paint and their finishes to consider before you paint your house.
1. White Wash
A Whitewash is the most inexpensive range of paint. The paint material is made by mixing powder, chalk, or slaked lime in water and an inappropriate amount. It is good to use for painting the brick partitions and the walls made of concrete, amongst different surfaces. In some cases, people use it to portray wood walls. Mix Adhesive materials like Fevicol additionally with it for better adhesiveness and long-lasting.
2. Distemper Paint
The distemper paint is a shape of water-based paint, on hand in many top-notch colours. The principal elements of this type of paint embody water, lime, colouring pigments, and chalk. It can be cited to be a higher mannequin of the whitewash paint variety. When sturdiness and longevity are no longer prerequisites, the distemper paint can be used in each interior and exterior of houses or buildings. The paint range is additionally relatively cheaper and on hand in paste and powder forms.
3. Emulsion Paint
The word emulsion signifies a solution of two liquids that do not mix with every other completely. For instance, oil and water make an emulsion, and you can certainly see the layer of oil in the water. In most emulsion paints, water is the solvent or the primary vehicle/medium within which the pigment, binders, and additives are added and continue to be dispersed. The binders used in paints structure a continuous movie and are polymers. Some of the binders used in formulating paints consist of epoxy, acrylic, resin, and alkyd resins. Emulsion paints provide good flexibility, dry up quickly, and are good for inside and external surfaces.
4. Oil Paints
The critical vehicle in oil paint is oil varnish or oil inside in which pigment particles are suspended. These oils would possibly moreover embody nut oil, poppy oil, Tung oil, linseed oil, and others. Other chemical compounds are additionally brought to these oil paints, which might also embody Naphtha and methyl ethyl Ketone among others.
Oil Paints generally have many best properties. They face up to stain, are large, durable, smooth, as top as glossy. The drawback of this paint type is that the oil paints emit superb fumes which are toxic and unsafe for human health. The paint provides less flexibility, which makes them unsuitable for the painting of exterior surfaces.
5. Enamel Paint
For making the enamel paint, the sleek fabric is delivered to oil-based paint. Petroleum spirit, resinous materials, zinc white, and white lead may additionally moreover be used in manufacturing and enamel paint. The opaque, glossy, and tough cease of the paint can also, in addition, be pretty applicable in many instances. The lengthy-lasting paint might also additionally moreover dry speedy or slow relying on the thinner used.
6. Cement Based Paints
When cement is the most integral constituent of paint, it can grant for utmost sturdiness and hardness. These paints can be a better option on the indoors as nicely as exterior walls. Cement paint no longer requires any exclusive natural. It can also additionally moreover be a fantastic choice for an exterior surface, as it can restrict grime accumulation, and in addition stop water penetration. Whether it is an outside or indoor wall, or a concrete wall structure, cement paint can be one of the fantastic preferences available.
7. Acrylic Paint
This Acrylic paint is the fundamental binding ingredient of this paint, and it is additionally a water-based paint. Acrylic enamel, acrylic latex, and acrylic latex enamel are some of the sorts of acrylic paints. The paint offers greater durability. But the larger shine of the paint can moreover also disclose the imperfections.
8. Anti-Condensation Paint
When you choose to quit the extent of mildew and mildew inside home interiors, the anti-condensation paint is perhaps the quality option. These paints do no longer permit the moisture to condense even below the humid conditions. The paint may also consist of cork and different kinds of fillers that can moreover have warmness insulating properties. Moisture condensation is an acknowledged intent of mold growth. The utility of the paint in any area can moreover stop the extent of fungi.
9. Lead Paints
Lead paints are good to use in homes but to portray the wood surfaces. Paint with a concentration of greater than 5% lead oxide is known as lead paint. The paint gives a washable finish to any floor and is additionally durable and resistant to water/moisture.
Above are all the types of walls and wood paint, and now let’s discuss all the types of finish for all types of paint.
1. Texture Paint
Texture paint is a new paint range and can provide for the painting of extraordinary kinds of styles on the wall surfaces. The paint includes leather, lace, ribbon, steel, and coarse grains including sand and gypsum among others. Apart from the visual effect, these paints also create a feel or touch effect. You can cover the unevenness or the imperfections of wall surfaces via the use of texture paint. It is additionally a superb choice for wallpaper.
2. Satin and Eggshell Paint
The long-lasting satin and eggshell paints have a gentle sheen and silky finish. The paint variety may additionally not disguise the imperfections and is used regularly in the kitchen and bathrooms.
3. Matte Paint
The Matte paint no longer has a reflective finish and is also devoid of loss. It has a velvety texture, which is hard to clean. But the paint can conceal the wall imperfections easily.
4. Gloss Paints
Gloss paints provide stupendous reflection and the shine is also long-lasting. For better gloss and finish, more than one coatings are necessary. This is so due to the fact the paint can also highlight flaws and imperfections.
We hope all the above types of paint and finish are enough to help you to understand what types of paint and finish you should choose to paint your space. If you don’t want to compromise with the quality result and want the work worth your money. You should hire a professional painter. At, Home Glazer we provide interior and exterior painting services to residential and commercial spaces. We are a team of professional and trusted painters based in Delhi and services throughout India.
Home Glazer respects your choice and suggests the best for you. We emphasize overusing world-class techniques. At the end of the project, We ensure your complete satisfaction and worth for every penny. If you are planning to paint your home or offices, contact us today. We can’t wait to exceed your expectation.
- 5 benefits for landlords to paint the property before giving it on rent“First impressions”, they say last longer. Most landlord will agree that giving property on rent is not… Read more: 5 benefits for landlords to paint the property before giving it on rent
- 5 benefits of Graffiti Painting for Your Office | Office DecorLife is full of colours, we are humans, we love playing with colours. Graffiti is part of… Read more: 5 benefits of Graffiti Painting for Your Office | Office Decor
- 5 Signs of a Good painter | Home Glazer’s PaintersPainting walls always gives us the essence of entering new life along with feeling the warmth and… Read more: 5 Signs of a Good painter | Home Glazer’s Painters
- 6 Benefits of Home Glazer wood polishers over local wood polishersEveryone dreams of a home imbued with loads of sweetness and comfort. The alluring appearance and comfort… Read more: 6 Benefits of Home Glazer wood polishers over local wood polishers
- 6 Best Colour for Office Spaces | Trending Office Wall ColourIt is easy for us to select colours for our homes when requesting a painting job because… Read more: 6 Best Colour for Office Spaces | Trending Office Wall Colour
- 7 Benefits of painting your office | Paint Your Office & increase productivityDo your work offices need to be revamped, but you hesitate to spend money on your company’s building?… Read more: 7 Benefits of painting your office | Paint Your Office & increase productivity
- 9 Benefits of Hiring Professional Painters | Sign of Professional PaintersIf you are planning to change the look of your living or working space, then nothing could be better or… Read more: 9 Benefits of Hiring Professional Painters | Sign of Professional Painters
- 9 Trending colour for Office Painting | Trending colours for commercial spaceColour is not only used to infuse emotion into advertising, but it is also used in the… Read more: 9 Trending colour for Office Painting | Trending colours for commercial space